Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Fat Tuesday!

LINK

Happy Fat Tuesday! In the past I've made a pancake supper (the traditional using up of the "fat" in the house before the lean Lenten season), but it just didn't happen this year...
Mr. B cooked, as usual, so I really can't complain...
Next year, though, I want to try a "King Cake", and bake all the little treasures inside...:)

I know lots of places have Mardi Gras celebrations, but it always just says New Orleans to me...
Though I've been several times, it was never during Mardi Gras...

Two years ago we went (during the summer) and took the two youngest boys,
 Jonathan and Chris (then 15 and 20)...
Neither had been before, and they were amazed by the sights and sounds...the unique ~ sometimes
delightful, sometimes not ~ decadence that is the one-of-a-kind Boubon Street.

We had the house specials at Pat O'Brien's and Mother's, beignets at the open-air Cafe du Monde (the pigeons and their little sparrow sidekicks flock to your table as soon as you sit down, waiting for crumbs)...♥

LINK

LINK

We stayed in the 18th century Chateau Hotel in the French Quarter...so beautiful!
We took the Vampire Tour...:)...we walked and walked ~

All in all, such fun...
Such good memories!

♥ ♥ ♥
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your thoughts and comments, and I read each and every one! Sometimes life gets in the way, though, and it takes me a while to respond...Thank you for understanding! ♥...Time is precious, and the time you have taken here is truly appreciated!