Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Afternoon with Tallulah...

Photobucket
 
 
This afternoon I set up some of my Grandma's collection of tea cups to photograph...(a precarious stack...Grandma would have been holding her breath...and probably was!)...with a little moss and dried rose petals, and three sweet little eggs...(we found the eggs, unfortunately too late, when we moved our barbeque grill from the backyard of our other house to this one; they were in a nest inside).
I've been obsessed with nest and egg related things lately, in art work and decorating...and I've seen pretty little stacks of cups and eggs, so I thought I would try my own version...


Photobucket


Photobucket

The colors are all so pretty!...I love the periwinkle-blue and sea-green irridescents...

Photobucket

Tallulah was right there to help me...(some part of Tallulah could be
 seen in almost every
photo I took (see below)...♥

Photobucket

See the funny little open-mouthed bird in the above photo? He's a little Lustreware piece from
Japan, probably from the 1930s...I think he's a little ashtray, but he's much cuter just posing
in my photos and looking hungry!
That was my afternoon...procrastinating about starting a new watercolor (but having a lot of fun
doing it!)
I hope everyone has a great week!

♥ ♥ ♥
Anne

6 comments:

  1. Your grandma's tea-cups were gorgeous. So unique looking. I love all of them. And what can I say about Tallulah...gorgeous. I doubt I would ever take my eyes off her. Have a beautiful day, hope the sun shines. Deb=^..^=x4

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pure eye candy. Beautiful vignette
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Anne Sweetie...
    I am so tickled you found me, because now I have found your lovely blog home as well. I have so enjoyed my visit today.

    I love your bird nests and eggs inside of the tea cups, that is so unique and breathtakingly beautiful. The perfect little touch. I think you sweet Grandma would be smiling thinking, "Who would have thought."

    I love seeing your beautiful Tallulah. She is gorgeous and so makes your blog title. I love it.

    Thank you so much for taking me along today, and I do believe visitors here at Country Wings in Phoenis may be seeing a few little nests and birds amongst my tea cups in the china cabinet. I love it. Just darling.

    Have a glorious day sweet friend. I am your newest follower as well. Many country hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rose petals with the eggs! Very beautiful!
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vignettes are so charming and cheerful. I'm quite enamored with birds, nests, and eggs myself. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. I hope you'll join the fun each week. Be sure to stop in tonight, and see yourself featured.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi: What amazing tea cups. They are just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete

I love your thoughts and comments, and I read each and every one! Sometimes life gets in the way, though, and it takes me a while to respond...Thank you for understanding! ♥...Time is precious, and the time you have taken here is truly appreciated!