Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!
 
I wasn't on the ball enough this year to join any Halloween blog festivities,
 
but here are a few pictures anyway!
 
 photo bal14_zps914feb51.jpg
~
 photo bal13_zps64434dcf.jpg
~

I really had fun combining Halloween and Dia de los Muertos themes...

Next year I want to find some Day of the Dead and Saint votives...

and I really want to order some sugar skulls...

I hope I remember in time!

~
 photo bal11_zps4670c7d3.jpg
~

Here again is my sweet little pumpkin that Grandma Collier

gave me on my second Halloween...

So glad my Mom took good care of it for me, because I would have

used it year-round for collecting things...

Tadpoles in spring and other critters the rest of the year, probably...;^)

(The cool Edgar Allan Poe art card is from Susan of Flutter Before You.)

~
 photo bal10_zps70970be0.jpg
~
 photo bal3_zpsce44ac62.jpg
~

My dear friend Elaine made the lovely Halloween "make-do" for me,

and also sent the sweet little Mousie-girl with her bucket of candy corn...

(She also made the Kitty-girl last year!) ~ ♥

~
 photo bal4_zps0a21aa7a.jpg
~

Fun planter-shoes and Marigolds ~

with a pink Chrysanthemum tucked in for good measure...

~
 photo bal6_zpsb96a8194.jpg
~

This pretty cone is also from Susan at Flutter Before You...

I was the lucky winner of one of her Halloween drawings last year ~ :^)

~
 photo bal15_zps25bf1b6f.jpg
~

A flock of Vultures adorn my tree!

~
 photo bal7_zps9e70882a.jpg
~

Black licorice "Crows" and Halloween Ghostie Peeps

I couldn't resist!

I think they should call them "Boos" or something, though...;^)

~
 photo bal9-1_zpsa4729e90.jpg
~

This plastic candy dish is from the early 1960s

(also well taken care of by my Mom),

a Woolworth's purchase...a whole 29 cents!

~
 photo bal2_zpsfebd680e.jpg
~

And lastly, cupcakes...(and marshmallow Skulls) ~

Don't worry, I checked first before adding the Marigolds...

(They're edible and have vitamins, but can be bitter!)

Since I can't have any goodies right now ~ I resisted, not even a tiny taste ~

Jonathan and his dorm-mates got the spoils of my photo-shoot!

That's all for now!

Have a fun rest of the evening, this All Hallow's Eve!

Love,

 
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Your decorations and photos are beautiful! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween! I love all of your decorations. The flock of vultures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back..Leo is so handsome..your pumpkins are gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing Halloween pictures, Anne. I just love them-you are so talented at putting things together. Happy Halloween to you, too- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to see some of your Halloween pretties Anne and especially your very own vintage pumpkin under the Cloche! Your vultures look outstanding on your tree with the lovely cones!
    Proud of you for resisting the goodies too cuz they looked delicious!!! Take care! Happy Halloween my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Halloween decor Anne! Hope you and yours had a fun evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww sweet..
    Happy Halloween dear
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are beautiful photos, where do you do your photo editing effects? You have quite a collection of unusual Halloween decorations, especially the vultures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there Anne! I love your Halloween header. Leo is so handsome! Great photos. That "make do" is absolutely gorgeous! Is it hooked? Wow! And the vulture ornaments are cool, certainly different. :) I bet Jonathan and his buddies were very happy to receive the spoils. best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to say that I adore that little pumpkin bucket. You can definitely tell it was made many years ago with that sweet little face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magical Post Anne!!! Simply Lovely!
    xoxo
    ~Dena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, beautiful, Anne!!

    I just love everything about this post...that pumpkin is gorgeous!! Do one on a Styrofoam pumpkin so you don't have to throw it away...your painting is just too wonderful!!

    The cupcakes in purple with the orange marigolds were striking (and delicious, I bet!)

    Happy Halloween and Dia de los Muertos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you had a very special Halloween o) Love the photos! WOW!!!! Please take care of yourself for the operation! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anne what a Fabulous Celebration of Halloween and Dia de los Muertos you have had and your Images are Picture Postcard Perfect!!!!

    Dia de los Muertos Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so festive at your house. I wanted to see the kitties on Halloween. How are they doing?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful post Anne. The decorations and yummy looking goodies are wonderful. How festive :-)

    I posted some vintage Halloween postcards on my blog, inspired by something similar you had done at Valentines :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such fun and beautiful Halloween decorations.
    Love those vultures! You are so talented!!!

    Hope you are feeling better, and better and are healing quickly.

    Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Acá no celebramos Halloween, aunque algunos ya lo están adoptando.
    Lindos tus adornos.
    Saludos
    http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice Halloween photos, Anne. I've never seen licorice crows before. They sound good. Wow...your pumpkin is amazing - what a creative and beautiful job you did with it.

    Hugs,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have you ever considered adding more videos to your blog posts to keep the readers more entertained? I mean I just read through the entire article of yours and it was quite good but since Im more of a visual learner,I found that to be more helpful well let me know how it turns out! I love what you guys are always up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the great works guys Ive added you guys to my blogroll. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post.

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sure do miss you posting more often Anne. But i'am glad your life is so full and happy! Happy Holidays! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

I love your thoughts and comments, and I read each and every one! Sometimes life gets in the way, though, and it takes me a while to respond...Thank you for understanding! ♥...Time is precious, and the time you have taken here is truly appreciated!